- DCA Leadership
- 2015-2017 Bureau Advisory Council:
- Sharron Bradley, Industry (HFTI): For 13 years, Ms. Bradley has served as the CEO of the North American Home Furnishings Association and the Executive Vice President of the North American Retail Service Corporation, providing leadership, advocacy, and education to owners and managers of home furnishing companies. Ms. Bradley holds a Master of Science in Human Resource Management.
- Donald Erwin, Industry (EAR): Mr. Erwin has worked in various facets of the electronics industry for over 50 years and has been associated with many private industry organizations, including serving as president of the National Electronic Service Dealers Association and leadership involvement with other entities. He has been influential in addressing issues/concerns brought before the Council and Bureau. Mr. Erwin is credentialed as a Certified Service Manager with the National Association of Service
Burt Grimes, Industry (HFTI): Mr. Grimes started his company, Pacific West Furniture Manufacturing, in 1979 and continues to successfully grow his business, including acquisition of Royal Mattress Manufacturing in 2010. Mr. Grimes currently serves on the Board of Directors of the California, and has also served as president. Mr. Grimes holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Northern Colorado.
- Timothy Hawkins, Industry (EAR): Mr. Hawkins has been in the appliance repair industry for 25 years. Shortly after graduating from high school, Mr. Hawkins took a position with Coca Cola as a Service Technician. Today he operates his training technicians.
- Judy Levin, Public (HFTI): Ms. Levin has worked in the non-profit arena for 25 years and for the last 7 years has led the Center for corporations, and governmental, health care, and higher educational organizations to move the market towards safer products. Ms. Levin has recently been awarded the 2015 International Interior Design Association Leadership Award of Excellence. Ms. Levin holds a Master of Arts Degree in Social Work from the University of Michigan.
- Donald Lucas, Public (HFTI): Dr. Lucas currently works as a Combustion Scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the University of California, Berkeley. His research focuses on combustion byproducts and has led to the development of diagnostic methods for the measuring of toxic combustion. Dr. Lucas holds a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Joanne Mikami, Public (EAR & HFTI): Ms. Mikami joined the then Bureau of Home Furnishings in 1977. She served in several positions within the Bureau, eventually retiring from state service after a career of 34 years. Ms. Mikami continues to work as an advocate for the safety and welfare of California consumers.
- Leonard(Len) Price, Public (EAR): Mr. Price is a founding instructor of the Appliance Service Technology Program at Los Medanos College where he has worked since 1974, and is recognized as a state and national leader in vocational education. Mr. Price has worked in the appliance industry for over 50 years and has been a demonstrative influence in the industry, developing curriculum and internship programs with a number of partner businesses.
- David Spears, Industry (EAR): Mr. Spears has been in the appliance repair industry since the age of 14, working in the family owned appliance store. By the age of 18 he was working full time as an appliance repair technician, performing repairs on a variety of units. Mr. Spears is currently the CEO of South Bay Appliance, Inc.
- David Velasquez, Industry (EAR): Mr. Velasquez has been involved with the electronics industry for 29 years with experience in manufacturing electronics, product repair and parts, and service contract. In these capacities, Mr. Velasquez has the unique perspective of how each of these industry segments interact and are brought together to provide customer service with controlled costs. Today, Mr. Velasquez works as a Quality Manager for Harman International.
- David Yarbrough, Industry (HFTI): Dr. Yarbrough has been active in the field of thermal insulation for over 35 years and is the author of over 150 technical documents on the subject. Dr. Yarbrough is the founder of R&D, Inc. Dr. Yarbrough holds a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and is a registered engineer in two states. Please note: The Bureau holds a testing contract with Dr. Yarbrough’s company.
- For questions or assistance with meetings or the Council, please contact Dale Chessey at (916) 999-2062 or Dale.Chessey@dca.ca.gov